Saturday, April 30, 2011

Paluxy River

Welcome to the Paluxy River! Near the town of Glen Rose, Texas is a pretty special river bank where you can actually walk in the fossilized footprints of dinosaurs!  Can you say cool?  :-)


Check this out!  It's like stepping back in time!  Or at least steps back in time.  ;-)


Several of the tracks were underwater, but, fortunately, the water surface was perfectly still for my visit, which let me see everything.


If you look close, you can even see the nail marks left behind by this ancient beast.


It is neat seeing the giant skeletons left behind by the dinosaurs, but actually walking in there footsteps really helps to transport you back in time.  If you imagine, you can feel the ground shake under the plodding footsteps of this overgrown lizard.


They weren't all wet.  This one on dry land is bigger than I am!




The river itself was very pretty. :-)


Well, I've got to make tracks for my next adventure. See you then!

No comments: